Sunday, January 16, 2011

On the verge of discovery





It took awhile. It did not appear the next Tuesday. Or Wednesday. Finally on Friday I called. Problems. Family concerns. Shipping costs. Conversations.
I could send money. No. Maybe I’ll drive up and get it. Talk and talk and finally, a FedEx shipping number on Thursday afternoon.
Friday afternoon, I was in the yard before the FedEx guy heaved the package off the trunk. What an apparent treasure!
Apparent? Yep. I’m going to be grown up about this. I’ve turned the guestroom into a workroom. I acquired folders and storage boxes. I’m going to be a researcher not a kid in a candy shop! I hope. I hope. I hope. Hard not to dig right in.
Ok. I’ve tempted myself. The earliest date so far is from my mom’s high school days in 1927. What will I find?
I’m on the verge of discovery.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I do hope you blog on the daily findings. I and others are eager to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am eager to hear/read what you find. (I'm Linda's cousin. Or rather her husband's cousin.)
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete